Breakthrough ideas recognized at 1st Ayala Innovation Excellence Awards
The best innovative ideas across the Ayala Group were recognized at the 1st Ayala Innovation Excellence Awards, held during Spark 3 last 7 November 2016. The awards aim to celebrate the different thinking that gave birth to impactful projects within the group, as well as to further incite the spirit of innovation in Ayala.
Serving as judges were the members of the Ayala Innovation Advisory Council, composed of:
• Paolo Borromeo (AC)
• Miko Montelibano (AC)
• Vince Tobias (AC)
• Joel Luna (ALI)
• Ginbee Go (BPI)
• Qit Abola (BPI) • Vince Yamat (Globe)
• John Rubio (Mynt)
• Minette Navarrete (Kickstart)
• Chicho Mantaring (IMI)
• Michael Hansson (IMI)
• Boogz Baffrey (MWC)
Scott Anthony of Innosight and Nix Nolledo of Xurpas, meanwhile, served as external judges.
From a pool of over 20 entries, 12 were selected as the best projects across the Group. The following projects were awarded the Chairman’s Prize for exhibiting the clearest understanding of the job-to-be-done, employing a meaningfully different approach, and strongly demonstrating a credible path to scalable impact. The winners were awarded with a trophy created by recycled metal sculptor, Ral Arrogante: Test Flight – A Tribute to Innovation.
Learn more about the Chairman’s Prize winners by clicking on the links on the project titles.
High-quality, yet affordable and accessible drinking water for all
Transforming the status quo through a multifunctional payment platform
An advanced camera system seeking to take advantage of emerging trends in assisted driving and autonomous vehicles
Proactive customer engagement through timely and relevant financial advice
Improving access to microloans through an alternative credit-worthiness scoring system
Affordablefor-lease-only development located within CBDs, targeting the fast-paced millennial population
The following projects were also among the awardees:
1. Interstellar by Globe Telecom – utilizing TV white space to provide broadband services for disconnected areas
2. Digital Activation Strategy by BPI – digital customer engagement mechanism encouraging clients to activate their credit cards
3. Demand-Based Network Management by Manila Water – algorithm and data-enabled monitoring of water system deliver for greater operating efficiency
4. MDC Workers’ Cooperatives by Ayala Land – engaging workers’ cooperatives for a sustainable and continuous stream of talent, while developing their capabilities
5. GIE by Globe Telecom – automated messaging app that enables customer engagement in a personal and low-cost method
6. Lio Tourism Estate by Ayala Land – the first master-planned, integrated mixed-use, and ecologically sustainable tourism destination